Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to make my own cabinet doors and drawer fronts for a Condo Remod.

What do y'all think of my first batch? .....Be honest, I can take it...:yes:

(and I really do want honest opinions.)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they look very good. I like the details. My only comment is that I think you could have picked a better matched panel for the first door.

Yes I agree. When stained, I saw the Match wasn't so good.
These are for the Laundry room. I would make another if it were for the kitchen or bath.
Thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, they look nice. I do have to agree with cabinetman on the panels. I had the same challenge on my kitchen cabinets and on some even though I paid attention to that detail it shows up different when stained.

It looks like they are 1/2" plywood with solid wood edging. That's a lot of miters to make good but they look nice and tight.
:thumbsup:

·
Splinters
357 Posts
Other than what cabinetman said, loos like you did a very nice job....the more you do, the more you learn...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, they look nice. I do have to agree with cabinetman on the panels. I had the same challenge on my kitchen cabinets and on some even though I paid attention to that detail it shows up different when stained.

It looks like they are 1/2" plywood with solid wood edging. That's a lot of miters to make good but they look nice and tight.
:thumbsup:
thanks for the comments.
They are 1/2 poplar panels 4" wide with the frames being 1x3 poplar.
I thought I matched the grain well....but obviously not.
Thanks for the input. I know what I need to be more careful of next time.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I'm going to agree about matching the grain better. However considering that they are poplar, they are much more than just good looking. That is a job fit for any room in the house. :thumbsup:

·
Crazytiki
36 Posts
Wow it looks great. The new faces and color are amazing. Congrats on a great job. The crown molding and everything make it look 100% better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts