Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
My Father's Son
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inherited my Father's Woodworking Tools when he passed away back in October 2013. He had a Delta Table Saw Model 36-679 and the blade guard that I found in the boxes of stuff he had is not the correct one for this table saw. I have scoured the internet and even posted a "Wanted" classified ad on craiglist and KSL without any luck. Ereplacement parts shows this part but it is listed as Back Ordered and when I contacted them they said they have no idea when or if this part will ever be available.

Does anyone know where I can find even a used Blade Guard Assembly for this table saw? It is so unsafe for me to be using and I cannot even allow my two young children into my shop when using it. They would both rather spend time with me in the shop than watching TV so not being able to use my saw is getting daunting.

I am willing to pay for part and pay shipping, new or used. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My cell is 310-497-1778 and email is [email protected].

Thanks,
Phil

Attachments

·
My Father's Son
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much Dave! My Dad taught me when I was very young that when he needed help with anything woodworking he would turn to fellow woodworkers because they are like a brotherhood who are willing to help if able. Looking at Shark Guard now. Much appreciated and Happy Holidays!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts