Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody. I have some good, dry apricot wood that I would like to or trade for other hardwoods, especially Oklahoma redbud, quince, pear, pistachio, pecan or plum. I can cut bowl blanks out of the apricot as large as 6" diameter, boards as large as 18" long, 5" wide and pen blanks. Thanks for whatever information you can provide.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Welcome. I see in your profile you like to mill nut woods. Funny, there are a couple nuts here who mill wood :laughing:.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Welcome. I see in your profile you like to mill nut woods. Funny, there are a couple nuts here who mill wood :laughing:.
:blink: I resemble that! :smile:

Welcome Doc. you might better ask Daren about some redbud. I think he grows it in his bathtub or something under fluorescent lights. :laughing:

Seriosuly, I think he does have some of it. redbud wood that is.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I think he grows it in his bathtub or something under fluorescent lights.
No, it glows under fluorescent black light, not grows ;). I know TexasTimbers has read Bruce Hoadley's "Understanding wood", that's where his funnin' with me comes from I think. Honeylocust fluoresces too, same bright yellow.

Besides I don't have room in the bath tub for growing trees...that's where the fishing worm farm is :huh:.

Did I say there was a couple nuts here who saw wood? Well, DR. John you have already been welcomed by 3 of them. (Yea, I just dragged you into this joasis :laughing:)

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Daren, when I said you were growing "redbud" in your bathtub I was not alluding to a wood, but a "weed". :laughing:
Oh, yea that is growing in the basement ;). (same disclaimer to law enforcement, unfortunately I am just naturally this goofy, I don't even have an excuse :wacko:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts