Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the project is underway to create much needed storage for all the toys that kids come with as they grow. These units are also covering up missing laminate flooring that had to be removed for drain tile installation. Once finished I am going to paint white to match some book shelves I previously built in the same area.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nice project, looks good. What's going on the top?

About 35 years ago, I built a couple of large bookcases with deep shelves for the kids to keep their toys somewhat organized. My wife still has one in her craft room, and her sister has the other & uses it to store books, of all things.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice project, looks good. What's going on the top?

About 35 years ago, I built a couple of large bookcases with deep shelves for the kids to keep their toys somewhat organized. My wife still has one in her craft room, and her sister has the other & uses it to store books, of all things.
Thanks. I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do for a top. The top is just over 8' long and 26 1/4"deep.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

After a few coats of paint the project is taken shape. I will probably put a few more coats on before I am done.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

I just finished putting on the last coat of paint for the two adjustable shelves. I started phase two of the project and cut all of the pieces out for the tall shelves that will go at the end of the lower shelves I just completed. I am still debating on what I am going to do for the top of the lower shelves. More to come with this project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts