Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While working on another project for a Christmas gift my son was begging me to make him a sword (He has been for months) So i decided I would just go ahead and make him one, naturally I ended up making 2 more for my daughters. Its funny during this build he really wanted to be in the video, so he makes a cute Cameo in the end of the video. God bless friends and Happy Woodworking!!

Attachments

·
Generic Weeb
1,043 Posts
Didn't you already post this earlier?

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,517 Posts
Looks like a nice little project and you did a great job on it. It's great when we can make things for our children that they enjoy and appreciate.

The only thing I would suggest here is to get yourself a pair of safety glasses and start wearing them on a regular basis. Without your eyes, you won't be making any projects at all so you might want to invest in protecting them. Just some friendly advice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a nice little project and you did a great job on it. It's great when we can make things for our children that they enjoy and appreciate.

The only thing I would suggest here is to get yourself a pair of safety glasses and start wearing them on a regular basis. Without your eyes, you won't be making any projects at all so you might want to invest in protecting them. Just some friendly advice.
Thank you very much! I agree and thank you for the friendly advice. I do have them but often don't think to put them on... and you're right, no eyes... no projects. Thanks:wink2:

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,517 Posts
Thank you very much! I agree and thank you for the friendly advice. I do have them but often don't think to put them on... and you're right, no eyes... no projects. Thanks:wink2:
I sometimes have people on my youtube channel criticize me for always wearing a full face shield when using the table saw stating that it is overkill and that I am only wearing it for the sake of the show. I tell them the story of why I use it. A few years ago, I was cutting a piece of walnut and a piece broke away from the block. The piece that broke away got hooked in the blade and flew back at me with a vengeance. I had safety glasses on but the piece struck me on the nose and let's just say that I thought my nose was broken. I was able to keep my wits about me and finish the cut and shut the saw down to tend to my wounds but from that day forward, I always wear a full face shield. I'd just hate for you to experience losing an eye in order to get you to wear them. Really do love this little project though and according to your son's enthusiasm at the end of your video, he loves it too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sometimes have people on my youtube channel criticize me for always wearing a full face shield when using the table saw stating that it is overkill and that I am only wearing it for the sake of the show. I tell them the story of why I use it. A few years ago, I was cutting a piece of walnut and a piece broke away from the block. The piece that broke away got hooked in the blade and flew back at me with a vengeance. I had safety glasses on but the piece struck me on the nose and let's just say that I thought my nose was broken. I was able to keep my wits about me and finish the cut and shut the saw down to tend to my wounds but from that day forward, I always wear a full face shield. I'd just hate for you to experience losing an eye in order to get you to wear them. Really do love this little project though and according to your son's enthusiasm at the end of your video, he loves it too.
Yeah for sure, more safety is always good thing. I think its a good thing you wear one, nothing wrong with that! Im glad something more serious didn't happen to you. Thank you for the kind words! He really does love it and really wanted to be in the video :wink2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts