Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the plans for a wooden toy box (chest). It' about 18" tall, 24" wide and 36" long. It has a 2"x2" post in each corner. The sides, ends and lid are 3/4" oak plywood fastened to the posts with Kreg screws.

I saw the plan a about a year ago, but I have misplaced it. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hehe..I can totally relate to the desire to have plans, even for something so well described. At my very beginner level, I was looking for plans on how to make a pushstick! There's something comforting about having a view of how it assembles instead of just cutting and seeing what happens.

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
I'm looking for the plans for a wooden toy box (chest). It' about 18" tall, 24" wide and 36" long. It has a 2"x2" post in each corner. The sides, ends and lid are 3/4" oak plywood fastened to the posts with Kreg screws.
And now you have a plan. Put that on a piece of paper with a sketch and you pretty much have an entire blueprint for the box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks guys, but what i was really looking for is the exact dimensions. I'm pretty new at this.

·
Always Learning
492 Posts
If you are looking for free plans, maybe someone has some they can share. If not there are plenty of books out there that will give you exact directions, dimensions, and materials lists. Check a few of the websites mentioned and/or advertised on this site. You can also check Lowes and Home Depot- they offer plan books now. Also try the library.

Also, like Rob mentioned, you could try learning Sketchup - its free software that lets you create projects and has addons that will provide dimensions and materials lists. There are also plenty of plans floating around out there that can be loaded to sketchup.

Really though, for the box you mentioned, figuring out dimensions shouldn't be too terribly painful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Thanks Bofa & Robdelman!

I have perused dozens of websites, but haven't found the plan I'm thinking of. I'll keep looking. And I'll check out Sketchup.

·
Registered
799 Posts
If you live in a decent sized city, then I also vote for a library. Even in our small village, there was a decent selection of woodworking books including plans and projects in varying amount of details.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts