Woodworking Talk banner

Toughest project yet...a birdhouse!

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  maverikck2002 
#1 ·
Have been working on a birdhouse in woodsmith magazine. 119 I think. It's got more miter cuts than anything else I have worked on. I think I hate it but it has helped me learn a lot. Anyone else ever built this? Almost done but I would like to know if you had trouble with it also.

The pic is what it's going to look like hopefully.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Very nice work Maverik ! Angles can be tricky sometimes if they are not a common angle .In this case they are all 22 1/2 degree angles which are very common . I have built several shapes like this in the past and once I cut one piece I use it for the pattern for the rest of the pieces . I guess it is just a matter of lots of practice :icon_smile:

#9 ·
That looks fantastic. I think you've done an excellent job on this one. I know that angles can be a pain in the butt and that sometimes, you just end up shaking your head and wondering why nothing is matching up, but I'm glad to see that you stuck with it. You've got one heck of a nice looking bird house there. Great work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.