Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This toolbox started out as a whim for a place to store "special" handtools. and some of my car buddies saw it and I took orders making several with different woods and trim details. I carved their names, date, and fabrication number in the lid and signed each one. The "personal" touch brought a few more $'s. It's a lot like the "red" tool box, except slightly larger. It's Red Oak, 26"w x 16" h x 14"d, weighs 53 lbs. Thought I'd show it, maybe give you ww's an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
That

really is a nice piece of work, and it has given me a great idea for this years christmas presents.

Thanks for posting.

Ed

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm thinking of a version as well. I'm thinking of making the bottom drawer as deep as two of the others. I think I'll add a front cover thats I can close and latch over the drawers for a more portable version. Again, great project.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you wouldn't want to drop the design plans off in here by accident would ya??? :icon_cheesygrin:

Actually there were no real plans for this tool chest. Just an idea and a rough sketch, on which I added some dimensions. It's pretty easy, it's just a box with four drawers and a lid.

Coming up with a plan is a matter of just doing it on paper first. It's easier to erase a pencil line than recut hardwood.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts