Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day I was watching an online auction and saw a 15" 3hp Delta DC-380 planer with a stand and bearing rollers! I was in a bidding war against a guy and I was about to walk away because it was getting to high in price... but then I realized there was another planer in the lot! A 20" 7.5hp Delta RC51!! The bidding was on! I finally won the auction at $640.00. Then after taxes and other fees paid a total of $785. I could sell the DC-380 for that much alone! But then after checking, the RC51 has sold used for anywhere from $2,000-$4,750!!

Shortly after winning the auction I saw a Ridgid Table saw, (my favorite of their models) for $300! half the price of a new saw...

Here's some photos of my finds! I don't have a picture of the bearing stand with the 15" planer.

I cannot wait to tune these up and get them shining like new! :yes:

Anyone one out there own an RC51? How do you like it?

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looks like a very good deal on the planers.
I also have that exact same table saw and I like it. I was not crazy about the mobile lift system so I built cart and router table combo for mine which work out great.

·
Registered
137 Posts
craigwbryant said:
Holy buckets, what kind of power is required to run that RC51? It looks like it needs it own dedicated power generation system!
Holy buckets! Craig must be from the Minnesota area :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
The first two items are a solid awesome deal! The table saw is a meh deal in my opinion as they frequently go on craigslist for around that price. GREAT saw though, you're going to love it!

Where was this auction? Live? In person?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts