Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day I was watching an online auction and saw a 15" 3hp Delta DC-380 planer with a stand and bearing rollers! I was in a bidding war against a guy and I was about to walk away because it was getting to high in price... but then I realized there was another planer in the lot! A 20" 7.5hp Delta RC51!! The bidding was on! I finally won the auction at $640.00. Then after taxes and other fees paid a total of $785. I could sell the DC-380 for that much alone! But then after checking, the RC51 has sold used for anywhere from $2,000-$4,750!!

Shortly after winning the auction I saw a Ridgid Table saw, (my favorite of their models) for $300! half the price of a new saw...

Here's some photos of my finds! I don't have a picture of the bearing stand with the 15" planer.

I cannot wait to tune these up and get them shining like new! :yes:

Anyone one out there own an RC51? How do you like it?

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looks like a very good deal on the planers.
I also have that exact same table saw and I like it. I was not crazy about the mobile lift system so I built cart and router table combo for mine which work out great.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The first two items are a solid awesome deal! The table saw is a meh deal in my opinion as they frequently go on craigslist for around that price. GREAT saw though, you're going to love it!

Where was this auction? Live? In person?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.