Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What wood were you using? Must be a fruit wood since it is so dark. My rub alone doesn't get that dark. Looks really good, I'm just curious.
All hickory.......your's was a little closer to the firebox though.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love smoking meat. I'm not into it as much as you guys are but it is a nice relaxing hobby. I only do it maybe twice a year.
its a real nerve saver....tend the fire, check the temps, knock down a few beers.......keeps me sane:thumbsup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks great. I'd love to get back to smoking meat. Right now we have an inch of ice over everything. This past year we have been under a fire ban most the time. I also like to cook on an open fire. I haven't had an open fire in a year and a half.Ugh!!! But some day soon....
Mike

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks great. I'd love to get back to smoking meat. Right now we have an inch of ice over everything. This past year we have been under a fire ban most the time. I also like to cook on an open fire. I haven't had an open fire in a year and a half.Ugh!!! But some day soon....
Mike
I take it that you live out west somewhere?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just fired up my smoker and melted the ice off of it. Sleeting until 1pm then turning to snow tonight. Pork Butt is going in the smoker in about an hour. I'm like the postman, I'll smoke in any weather.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts