Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· where's my table saw?
32,682 Posts
depends on your use for "it"

If it will be laying flat in a drawer or on top of a chest like an organizer, then most of it will not be exposed, so it won't really matter.

If it will hang on a wall like a shadow box then it will show more surfaces, so then I'd match it with the other items in the room.

if your house is Early American, I'd paint it to match with the other items or Antique it. Stain will also work, but it won't allow you to fill imperfections and sand like painting. Stain may also be blotchy with Pine unless you seal it with a 2 to 1 thinned coat of shellac first.

If it goes in the kitchen , then match those cabinets. If in the bath or bedroom then match those.

Basically the choice is yours/hers...... :yes:

· where's my table saw?
32,682 Posts
Dude?

I plugged a LOT of tools into one of those cord reel thingies one time and melted the crud out of the cord that was reeled up inside it...

:thumbsup:
This post is so far off topic, I wonder if you were "sleep posting"? :blink: 3:28 AM..... I donno? :laughing:

· where's my table saw?
32,682 Posts
I could be wrong but....

I don't think he has enough tools to melt the cord thingy, even if he plugged them all in and turned them all on....I donno?

Regardless, a good tip for all of us :thumbsup:.... at least for those of us who use a windup cord thingy. :blink:

I'm my own cord wind up thingy..... just sayin' .... hand over elbow sorta thingy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.