Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was messing around and made this. Wife seen it and was like " Is that for me!?! That is sooooo neat!" So I acted like it was and now I gotta finish it lol. To funny but should I stain? Paint? Oil? Burn? I have never been one to finish other then with paint.
What do YOU think? (Wife said make it pretty)

Shelf Furniture Shelving Wood Room

Table Wood Plywood Furniture Wood stain

Wood Furniture Plywood

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BernieL said:
I'm with woodnthings - I noticed glue squeeze out where the shelving meets and that will be problematic if you decide to stain. But it is a nice little build and since the wife likes it so much, reel her in. Talk to her about how you like woodworking and the possibilities if you had certain tools. Every year on our wedding anniversary, I take my wife out to eat at the Home Depot food court and after we're done eating our sausage grinders, I always offer to go into the store and buy her tools that I don't even own.
Haha I just took her to Home Depot And showed her the dewalt surface planer. " oh honey, look it does this, and then when you spin this it does this, isnt she beautifull?" I don't think she's to jazzed at the $400 price tag tho.

I tried to be gentle in the glue department, I used a tiny scrap stick and put the glue on the stick. I then applied it like I would calking. Being so light I wasn't able to really rub to remove.

Does anyone know how to do this finish?

Clock Wall Home accessories Wood Furniture

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Perfect. So if I understand this right, if I paint my wood black, let dry, paint on the jello crackle, then paint on let's say white over it. It's going to crack the white and I will see the black under paint? That would make for some cool color combos if it does work like that!

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I gotta try that.

I have a compressor and was curious if anyone uses a small paint gun in there wood projects? I seen the wood whisperer do it. If so what equipment do you use? Details please

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol, it gets warm alot! Sander going and compressor the breaker blows after like 30 seconds. Cord is hot. So I enjoy it for single items at a time only. Compressor gets plugged into main wall socket now.
Love the cord winder to. No mess when you clean up shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.