Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few days I'm expecting a package to arrive at my house that will contain something I'll need to begin drawing plans for a project I've been thinking about for about a year.

There are a couple of things you should know. I grew up in that most wonderful of times when cars could shake the foundation of a house because of all the horsepower, not the audio system. Also, I'm not telling what this will be, only that it will really test my abilities and challenge me in many ways.

Would anyone be interested in reading through another of my boring build threads or should I just hold off and see if it actually comes out worth the effort to show?

(Here's a hint...)

·
Registered
243 Posts
All I can figure based on your hint would be building one of them Gee-Tars ....... Whatever it is go for it and definetly do a build thread :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
While I love the standard threads on here, its the build threads that I really get into. Especially seeing how jigs are created to do certain cuts, as well as how challenges are overcome through creative means.

Yup, count me in for the build thread as well. As for my guess, I'm going for a life size working wood version of a '68 Camaro...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'll try to make it worth you while.

My package arrived today, so I'll be looking over parts, taking measurements and figuring out what scale I want to enlarge things by. Then I'll be making up some working drawings to use as I build.

I'll upload the first post in the build in a little while and you can all follow along at the link given below.

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f13/build-thread-raiders-coach-54632/#post511317

I hope you guys will enjoy it. :icon_smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.