Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am an armature hobbyist and keep getting hit in the face with wood shavings and other debris even with safety glasses and a shield. Does anyone have any recommendations for a face shield that seals close to the face with a dust mask or filter included? Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
The Nut in the Cellar
1,242 Posts
What operations/machines are you using ? After all of these years doing woodworking, I'm puzzled by what you describe. Do you have any form of dust/chip collection when you work wood? shop vac/dust collection system?

·
Administrator
David
5,660 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes, a little more info may be necessary. When you get a minute please complete your profile with location and first name so we know who we're talking to. You can add your name to your signature line if you want.

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been getting the abuse from a Jigsaw making rough cuts. I have no dust collection system, just a bucket vacuum but I have not used it with the jig saw yet. I use a jigsaw and sawzall at work with metal and wood and hoped there was something I could use both at home and at work. I do get more abuse from metal than from wood, but neither are any fun to be hit in the face with. The respirator would be nice.

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
2,985 Posts
I used to have a cheapo ryobi table saw that kicked a lot of crap back at my face then I got an old craftsman saw and problem solved.. I wear just plain prescription glasses and don't get that much junk in my eyes..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts