Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a old Victorian house built in the 1800's. I have completely gutted and rebuilt bathrooms and 3 of the 4 bedrooms. Im woking on the 4th and need some tips on build multi depth built-in shelves. Have plenty of space to frame in the shelves, just need some ideas on how to get started/building them. Thanks

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
I have a old Victorian house built in the 1800's. I have completely gutted and rebuilt bathrooms and 3 of the 4 bedrooms. Im woking on the 4th and need some tips on build multi depth built-in shelves. Have plenty of space to frame in the shelves, just need some ideas on how to get started/building them. Thanks
WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I would first measure the opening and make a quick sketch (pencil and paper), with rough ideas what you need to have, and what you would like to have.

As for the actual fabrication, whether it is framed out and made right on the spot, or, whether it's made as a slide in unit, check out this thread. There are advantages and disadvantages of each method.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cabinetman said:
WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I would first measure the opening and make a quick sketch (pencil and paper), with rough ideas what you need to have, and what you would like to have.

As for the actual fabrication, whether it is framed out and made right on the spot, or, whether it's made as a slide in unit, check out this thread. There are advantages and disadvantages of each method.

Thanks cabinetman! The link got the gears turning, I will post some pics when there done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts