Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 12" Craftsman band saw model 113.248320. I need to replace the blade guides, but they are no longer made. I looked into replacing the whole assembly, but unfortunately, the Carter blade guide assembly does not fit on my model. Does anyone have any thoughts or places to find a replacement set. See the image in the lower right-hand corner.

·
where's my table saw?
28,202 Posts
They look like hardened steel with slots for adjustment. You needn't use hardened steel, cold rolled will work. Even aluminum, plastic, Nylon or UMHW or a hard dense wood. Mica also comes to mind. There should not be extreme stress or twisting on the blade guides when using the proper blade and cut radius, so any material will work that isn't prone to cracking because of the thin area near the slots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The saw same with metal ones and I have been using the Cool Blocks for the last 18 years or so. They are a hardplastic phenolic with imbedded graphite for cool, lubricated running. Unfortunately, no longer manufactured.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Cool Blocks are still being made, but perhaps not for your bandsaw. You could buy larger ones and trim them to fit your saw. They are easily cut, sanded, or ground to fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts