Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a fox living under a plastic outhouse and it needs to be evicted. I like havening it around to help keep the rodent population in control, but I’m worried about it possibly starting a family under there and someone getting bit or something. Plus I’m tired of getting the crap scared out of me every time I use the outhouse.

Anyway I have a stack of concrete blocks at the site not being used and I was thinking of stacking them up in a corner away from the outhouse with a piece of plywood from a shipping crate for the top. I was then thinking of covering the plywood with a plastic garbage bag and dirt on top for insulation. It will also keep the little bit of rain out, but manly to conceal it.

I just don’t know if it will vacate the outhouse and move into its new quarters. Its been living under the outhouse for over a year and I can't tell if its a male or a female.

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
"I'm tired of getting the crap scared out of me every time I use the outhouse,"

Well isn't that what you want sleeper. Lol
It's been there for a year? Maybe leave him and make a new privey. Sounds like you have a new friend.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"I'm tired of getting the crap scared out of me every time I use the outhouse,"

Well isn't that what you want sleeper. Lol
It's been there for a year? Maybe leave him and make a new privey. Sounds like you have a new friend.
LOL, well it also steals my lunch once in a while. Friends aren't supposed to steal from you. :laughing:

Reactions: Dominick

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I do not like having foxes around. The often carry rabies.

George
That is a concern, but so do bats which i did have living inside the outhouse. At first I closed off the vent pipe but then it smelled too bad inside until I found some screen to cover it with. :shifty:
Now we have a new warning of squirrels caring the Bubonic plague. :huh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts