Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am havind problems getting my thicknesser / planner to start. It has a couple of makro switches for safety reasons and I cannot work out why it will not start. Is there a way to bypass these switches as I am rather fustrated with not being able to finish my table project at the moment. The machine is a record power pt 260. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Frustrated
Cuzzi :furious:

·
Half a bubble off.. {Θ¿Θ}
548 Posts
Do you have a volt / ohm meter? Unplug the machine test the continuity of each switch in succession from the main switch thru to the motor.
When a particular cover is off the switch should open & when it's in place it should close. Manually close them one at a time & watch the meter.
Chances are there's a chip binding up one of the micro safety switches or for some reason one of them isn't closing as it should. Possibly something is bent just enough to keep the switch open.
Good luck & let us know how it goes..
And DO be careful.
..Jon..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jon

Thanks for the responce. I am still at work (South African time) now 3.30pm but will check when I get home. Will let you know tomorrow.
Thanks again
Clinton

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jon
All sorted faulty micro switch kept me running around for a week. All back to normal.
Regards
Clinton

1 - 4 of 4 Posts