Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made the decision to go ahead with the building of a Thein style top hat seperator. I plan on using 5" metal ducting.
After reading several articles on the subject and watching several videos I am still not sure how large it should be or where the drop slot should be located and how long it should be. If I can find one I will probably use a brute trash can or metal might be an option.

I have a HF DC.

Based on the above very sketchy information can anyone steer me right? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I haven't built one of these yet, though it's on my list for the vac. But Phil has a discussion forum at his site, and he answers many questions himself besides all the help from other users/builders. If you don't get the answer you're after here, you might take a look over there.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't built one of these yet, though it's on my list for the vac. But Phil has a discussion forum at his site, and he answers many questions himself besides all the help from other users/builders. If you don't get the answer you're after here, you might take a look over there.
Thanks Fred. Do you have a link to his site?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts