Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a project I have recently finished it's a garden picnic table with roof that seats 12 people comfortably.You can find all the materials readily available at your local lumber yard or home improvement center and it's something that you could build yourself at a reasonable cost.
Click on link to see how to build it yourself The Ultimate Picnic Table

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,your'e right they are kind of similar!
That's a really excellent piece of work, it's douglas fir right,It looks like you have used larger post too I used 6x6 pt but yours is carrying a lot more weight.Where was the project,is it a college campus?
Thanks for sharing it with me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks
If you ever decide to give up your teaching job by the look from your project pics you would have a fantastic career as a cabinet maker!
All the best

·
Better than some...
108 Posts
Thanks,your'e right they are kind of similar!
That's a really excellent piece of work, it's douglas fir right,It looks like you have used larger post too I used 6x6 pt but yours is carrying a lot more weight.Where was the project,is it a college campus?
Thanks for sharing it with me.

Actually it's all cedar, and it's an apartment complex were mostly college students live...good guess. I used 12x12 posts. LOTS of fun trying to auger out holes for them in Oklahoma Clay.

·
Chester's Gorilla
1,282 Posts
Ultimate is right. That's very nice. It looks like that's the perfect setting for that type of table, too. Nice landscaping and all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts