Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found one of these in my shop… got it from a friend… never paid much attention to it til now. :yes:
Watch the short Video on it...
Preval looks like a COOL system...

Have you used it?

Do you like it?

What do you spray with it?

Any problems thinning, etc.?

Any other Good / Bad things to say about it?

Search for Preval at the link:
Some of the parts can be purchased at reduced prices. Search for Preval.

I would like to spray 1-2 lb cut shellacs… With a few containers (with lids), one could have shellac in one and Denatured Alcohol in another… then, cleaning would be painless… Spray the Shellac, change bottoms, Clean with the other, etc. Would that work? (Easily and effectively)?

I thank you all, in advance, for your comments.

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
I bought that when they first came out. I found it very convenient for on the job touch up/repair work. Don't expect too much from it. The output is about what you get with a regular rattle can. Problem is you only get so much output from a cylinder.

Some finishes need a controlled output/pattern/air-mix ratio. You won't have that. You might get better results from one of the small detail type guns like this.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, Capt.

Sounds like it would handle Shellac without too much of a problem... having a few extra Power Air cartridges available would be a good idea.

Will probably get me by... for now...

That lil HF gun looks reasonable TOO! It only needs the compressor air... and, it's almost FREE! Will think about it... :thumbsup:

Thank you... :thumbsup:

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
I should mention that I found that most media had to be thinned to get good atomization. For your shellac adventure, having two bottles to make clean up quick and easy is a good idea. You may have some residue left in the tube. You might also find the tip getting gummy. You will likely use up a portion of available propellant in doing that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts