Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
wooden booger producer
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little brother passed away a couple of Sundays ago after just forty years. He wanted to be cremated, so we honored his request. He was stubborn, hard-nosed, opinionated and proud....and hated imported anything and, considering the latter, I resolved to build his urn myself. It wasn't too technically challenging but I had the hardest time keeping meself composed whils't measuring and cutting. I hope that I did ok for him.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sorry for your loss, from your description of your brother he is a man I would have liked.
Also nice work you did for him.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Sorry to hears this news Larry.

That urn is a beautiful tribute to your brother.

Reactions: Chaincarver Steve

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You did outstanding for him an don't sell yourself short its an outstanding Urn an outstanding Job :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It's a beautiful urn and I'm sure he knows the work you put into it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is a beautiful tribute to your brother. I'm sure your family will have fond memories just looking at it.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Sorry for your loss- having lost my first wife at 40 I know the depths of your pain. Time will heal. Great job on urn under tough conditions.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Tough job to do, but you did it admirably. Simplicity and beauty is hard to achieve and you did it. Perfect proportions. You should be proud of yourself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts