Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and tips concerning my recent TS purchase. A linkbelt and PALS system are on my list of things to get. I have already ordered a Freud 50T combination blade for it. I recently joined a couple of WW forums and everyone has been really nice and helpful. It’s great that the more experienced woodworkers take the time to help us new guys out. As a DIYer that is hoping to move into wwing, I really appreciate it.

I bought the saw to rip down some ¾” maple flooring and cut plywood stair risers I am going to be installing soon. After that project I want to start making some small furniture projects for around the house. I have really only ever done 1 wwing project. A bathroom vanity about 6 months ago. I wish I had the TS back then as I had to use my jig saw to make most of the large cuts. Some of the cuts look like they were made by a blind monkey on crack. But considering my lack of experience, planning, and tools, I was happy with how it turned out.
Thanks again,
Bill M.

·
Andrew Close
280 Posts
I have really only ever done 1 wwing project. A bathroom vanity about 6 months ago. I wish I had the TS back then as I had to use my jig saw to make most of the large cuts. Some of the cuts look like they were made by a blind monkey on crack.
Bill, were can i get some of that crack you were smokin' when you made that vanity? :laughing: it's pretty sharp looking from that picture.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome to the site. And since you're now an Official Woodworker, I'll let you in on a little known factor that those outside the hobby don't know about. It's the thing that accounts for all my mistakes in woodworking.....C.O.T.E. this stands for the Curvature Of The Earth. All my mistakes occurr when I forget to take this into consideration.

Not too many woodworkers even know about this.

Just you and me, actually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts