Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big thank-you to Lorenz & Hingmy.com! I just received an email letting me know that I won the December giveaway for the Bosch CLPK27-120 Combo Kit.

I have a cordless drill/driver, but this one looks to be nice & compact, which will be useful. I do not have a cordless impact driver, so that'll be a big improvement in my collection.

And an additional thank-you to Chaincarver Steve, whose posts here first made me aware of the Hingmy site & contests. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Wow Very Cool!! I never win anything, but my wife won a TV once LOL

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Congrats on the win.

I looked at their site and went away wondering how they expected reviews of products they were giving away unless they gave them away before getting a review. Then how does the winning review get the product....

It all seemed too complicated for this old Irishman to understand between belts of Irish whiskey.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Johnnie, I think they want reviews of any tool in their database, not just the tool currently up for giveaway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You guys again. That's not a bad thing. Right now this forum is likely responsible for 2/3 of all contest entries.
Winners are picked impartially by the computer, so you'll probably win again next month.

Correct, one of the January contests is looking for reviews of any tool in the database. At the end of the month I'll draw the winner from all reviews submitted by the proper date regardless of what product was reviewed. Entries are capped at 5 per user to discourage overeager submitters from reviewing products they do not own.

I am doing this get the "User Charts" populated. That view is very interesting to me, because it has the potential to remove a lot of bias through a democratic process. Each review moves the chart.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Congrats !!
Looked yesterday to see if I won and recognized your name. Very nice win.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts