Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I damaged the conveyor belt on my Grizzly 18-36 Drum Sander beyond use while sanding some boards on edge and that shut me down. I am working on a last minute request from my wife to build her a small Amish Secretary Desk. That happened this past Saturday. :furious:

So, I got on the computer and ordered a new belt from Grizzly. I got an email Monday afternoon that it had shipped. This morning about 11am, there was a knock at the door. :thumbsup: I thought that was simply outstanding. Two and a half days from the Springfield, MO shop to my front door (Houston area) via UPS Ground (their only method of shipping offered). I don't know if it is the season or what, but I am a happy camper tonight.

I am back in action and just finished sanding my panels. Hope to get a lot further along tomorrow.

Mike

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Now that is the way a parts department is supposed to operate and at one of the busiest shipping times of the year. I am not naming company names and that is all I am going to say about it. I know I will look at Grizzly next time I am shopping for a new, large piece of equipment, like my next jointer.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Maybe they know when someone orders a part for a machine just days before Christmas it's bound to be to finish a gift in time. Without the part, Santa isn't coming for whoever the gift was for. Whatever the reason, I love when a company provides outstanding customer service and will sing their praises far and wide afterwards.

·
puffessional Scrabbleist
155 Posts
belts

Sounds like you have it covered in time. I'm not sure if it would work in this situation but I've used a pair of women's nylons as an emergency belt on my Craftsman lathe. I also drove a 46 Ford from Tehachapi to Mojave using the same method.

How I got the nylons was another story entirely.

TonyM

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you have it covered in time. I'm not sure if it would work in this situation but I've used a pair of women's nylons as an emergency belt on my Craftsman lathe. I also drove a 46 Ford from Tehachapi to Mojave using the same method.

How I got the nylons was another story entirely.

TonyM
Tony, my problem was the conveyor belt (actually an 18 inch wide 150 grit sand belt) tore and it wouldn't feed the boards through. And it was starting to wrinkle at an angle. Thus any sanding resulted in a shallow washboard effect. I had to stop. My panels are 16 inches wide so they wouldn't fit through my planer. So, I was stuck like Chuck! :)

Things are much better today.
Mike

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I ordered new variable speed pulleys for my lathe after 10 years of use, broke the one on assembly. Called to order another, lady typed on her computer and asked why I am ordering the same pulley again. Told her I broke it and she replied "No problem, this will be a warranty free replacement and will ship out today."

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have bought a joiner, a cabinet saw and an air filtration unit from them and a few other things. The saw and joiner took two days via tractor trailer and the other stuff all took LESS than 24 hrs after ordering.....coming from PA to the Canadian Border here in NY.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love grizzly.com I have said it many times on many threads so far I have purchased a huge 6x 48 by 12 inch combo sander, 2HP dust collector, air filtration system, mini lathe, an 8" spiral cutter head by 72 inch jointer, and an 8 inch wet grinder sharpening system the last thing I want to by from there is this 18 x 36 open ended belt sander I'm asking for gift cards for Christmas and birthdays and saving my pennies. I love grizzly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts