Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody!

I'm new to the forum and basically new to the world of woodworking. I come from a long line (too many generations to count) of master carpenters and woodworkers. Growing up, I avoided woodshop classes in favor of art electives or advanced history courses. Nowadays, I'm a social studies teacher outside of Albany, New York, but I grew up around Buffalo. Albany's nice but it's far from friends and family. I just turned thirty and decided I needed to take up a hobby. I figured I'd give woodworking/carpentry a shot since it runs in my blood. It took one coffee table project to fall in love with the craft.

I found this forum/app while searching for weekend projects. I'm married and have an 18-month old son. I'd like to gear most of my projects toward the family. My next idea is a toybox (his grandparents spoil him!) or a blanket chest. I look forward to picking up tips and tricks from all of you. Cheers!

·
Old School
24,017 Posts

If you fill out your profile in your "User Control Panel", you can list any hobbies, experience or other facts. You can also list your general geographical location which would be a help in answering some questions. Doing that your general location will show up under your username when you post.

·
where's my table saw?
28,562 Posts
welcome to you

Sounds like you have it in your blood for sure. :yes: Lots to learn here from lots of different backgrounds...even former teachers. :blink:

Reactions: Slagle9783

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: Slagle9783
1 - 6 of 6 Posts