Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
In The Basement
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a high strength tape that is easy to remove to temporarily hold two pieces of wood together. Basically this is to cut and sand two pieces so they are identical. Using 1/4" plywood.. Any ideas??

·
John
3,028 Posts
Turners tape is probably the best for this application.
All carpet tape is not created equal. The Rhino(?) brand from Home Depot is great for carpet but awful for wood. Leaves a residue that needs to be cut with mineral spirits at least. Duck brand carpet tape from Wally world is pretty good.:smile:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Carpet tape from the local box store. I use it all the time. $5.
Turners tape is probably the best for this application.
All carpet tape is not created equal. The Rhino(?) brand from Home Depot is great for carpet but awful for wood. Leaves a residue that needs to be cut with mineral spirits at least. Duck brand carpet tape from Wally world is pretty good.:smile:

+1 on both of these....

·
In The Basement
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the ideas guys, I am going to try to get the Walmart carpet tape next time I'm there and see how it goes...$20 for online tape isn't bad but then you have another $10 for shipping we'll see I do need a Router table too hahaha

·
In The Basement
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was at Walmart last night picking up a RedBox DVD so decided to see if I could find the DUCK BRAND CARPET TAPE. Found it and used it today. The tape is so strong you don't need much, I was even able to reuse some pieces. And it leave no residue, just scrape it off with your finger.

Thank you so much for the recommendation!! It works so well and it's very inexpensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts