Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at Lowes yesterday and saw this lumber for sale. I would like a couple of these boards to make something curved.

I can’t tell you how many times I needed a board to curve like this and couldn’t do it. It’s not exactly the kind of wood I normally work with but with a curve as perfect as some of these are, I should be able to come up with something. Only problem is that you have to buy the whole bundle and I don’t want to pay that much.

·
where's my table saw?
27,858 Posts
consider this

I think they are bundled to get rid of the curved ones. Offer to buy only the curved ones for a minimum as see what they say.... maybe free? :blink:

Reactions: Sleeper

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don’t know about free. I found a little 6-7” piece of ¾”x 2” oak in their trash can that would have been perfect for a fill in on a project I was doing and they said they have to charge me for it. They would rather throw it in the landfill than let it go to some use.

I could use the curved 2x4s for an arch in a trellis over a walkway.

I had a piece of plywood that was a perfect 4’ radius curve and I was planning on making a small skateboard ramp for the neighborhood kids until someone mentioned that I could get sued if one got hurt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts