Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then…drop the woodworking and look around. I'm just wrapping up a great week away with the family and was really reminded how hard, yet how needed, it is to unplug. Not sure how hard it is for you guys but these past couple years have been very busy with the day job and travel. I needed the reminder to step back this week.

http://secondwindworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/06/woodworkingless-vacation.html

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
Every now and then…drop the woodworking and look around. I'm just wrapping up a great week away with the family and was really reminded how hard, yet how needed, it is to unplug. Not sure how hard it is for you guys but these past couple years have been very busy with the day job and travel. I needed the reminder to step back this week.

http://secondwindworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/06/woodworkingless-vacation.html
I can remember a few weekends I took a break, and had one vacation in the early 80's when I took a bike ride around the country and was gone for 17 days.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Nice pics, Pete.

I have the opposite problem. I am a beginning woodworker who travels too much and can't get enough time in the shop. It is usually a mix of work and play. Since last Christmas it has been New Orleans, San Francisco, Virginia Beach, Rhode Island, and next month San Diego. In September it will be all play in Ecuador, including a week in the Galapagos. I'm psyched about most of the travel, but I can't seem to get the traction I want on woodworking. Definitely a first world problem!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Okay, the San Diego visit ends tomorrow. It has been great but there is a severe water shortage here. I did my civic duty. I drank nothing but coffee and whiskey all week. No need to thank me, San Diego.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've always considered myself to be the luckiest guy in the world being married to my best friend - father of our 4 sons - and Pepe to our 5 grand daughters. Family is what life is all about. Well stated Pete when you wrote they appreciate the hand made items but what they really want is your love and time. We spent a lot of time with the boys as they were growing. I even became Scoutmaster for them and their friends...

And now that they've grown to be fathers and husbands - they come to visit and nothing beats those moments when they're together talking and laughing about their growing years.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Thanks for posting Pete. It looks like you had a wonderful time.

I'm curious about what areas of New Mexico you've been able to explore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts