Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I inherited a Delta Industrial Unisaw from an uncle. It was mainly used in a high school wood shop. Unfortunately, I think it is much more than I require for my wood working skills and current electrical set up. I may trade or sell it, but was hoping for help finding a fair selling price. It is a 5HP 3-phase motor. I couldn't attach a picture , but would e-mail it to anyone intereste din helping me out. [email protected]

·
crosseyed & dyslexic
589 Posts
Without posting pictures or at least giving somewhat of an approximate age that's a tough one.
It depends on alot of things, your location, the age of the saw etc..
There was one in my neck of the woods here recently on CL, same deal, 5hp 3 phase $650 early 70's model.
The 3 phase is going to be a deal killer for most folks, just so you know.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the pictures are now attached

I do understand the 3-phase limitations. This is partially why I am considering selling to someone with a bettre understanding and that may have a use for the bigger unit than I. With pics, any idea what migh be a fair value to someone else? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
That's in nice shape and has a great fence. Used prices vary from region to region, and even week to week, but with that overhead guard and fence, I'd think you could get $800-$1200 for it. The 3-phase motor does make it a tougher sell.

·
Registered
26,330 Posts
I would keep the saw. There are a couple of ways to overcome the three phase problem. You could replace the motor with a single phase motor or you could get a phase converter to run the saw off single phase 220. I see phase converters on craigslist pretty cheap from time to time.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If you can give us the serial number we can probably tell you what year the saw is. The serial should be on the rear of the cabinet below the table. I have a '79 and I can tell from the decals, lack of a front dust door and handle design that yours is newer.

If you have room, that saw is a keeper. I don't usually hear people complaining about having a saw that's too much, only too little.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts