Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1987 LOBO CS-12K Tablesaw is testing my patience. It’s a 12” 2 HP tablesaw that I picked up for a good price a few years ago. Sat in a corner since then. I just spent 4 weekends building a 6 foot rolling cabinet with extensions for it to install an Incra fence and a router. Ordered some very expensive 12” blades with 1” arbor and a 8” Amana Dado Stack in order to get a 1” arbor. But I should have checked, as when I went to put the new blade on….IT’S A 5/8” ARBOR and I feel like an idiot for not checking. I just never heard of a 12” saw using a 5/8” arbor.
Then, to make things worse, I ordered an Incra Miter Guage to use with it. When I assembled it, I found that the miter slot in the LOBO is 1mm too narrow to accept the Incra Miter bar….ARGGGGHHHH!
I do have a 5/8” to 1” bushing that I can use for the single blades, but I don’t know about stacking bushings for the dado stack. Doesn’t seem right or safe. Anyone have any experience with this? Any problems to be aware of when using the bushing? I’m about to douse the whole thing with gasoline, except I have at least $500 in blades, dados, and miter gauges. Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm sorry about this. The best lesson to learn from this is "measure twice, buy once". I hope you can return or exchange the items. I too have made similar mistakes, just not as expensive. good luck.

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
Feral - welcome to the forum !!
walk on over to the New Member Introduction and introduce yourself.
this is an active family style forum and we like to know a little about each other.
looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think you can get individual saw blade bushings that are a press fit. These should work fine. You would need multiple bushings for the dado stack which, at the very least, will be a nuisance. I believe you should try to exchange it. You could probably replace or machine the mitre gage bar, but I think an exchange on that as well would be the best long range solution.
I have no experience with this saw. So, I'm just guessing. It seems to me that just because the saw has the capacity to use a 12" blade it doesn't mean that one is required. 10" blades are probably less expensive and would work just as well for most applications.

·
where's my table saw?
27,743 Posts
This is true ....

I have 3 Craftsman 12" table saws and 3 Craftsman 12 RAS that have a 5/8" arbor. I use 10" blades on them all because they are more available and cheaper. In this case, you do NOT want to use bushings on your dado stack. You are just asking for trouble and vibration. Return/exchange them if possible. Now, some companies make a 12" blade with a 5/8" arbor, Forrest if I recall. I would also try Ebay. I still have a few that I got when my saws were new, but they don't get used except for really deep ripping cuts.
Like never .....

https://www.amazon.com/Forrest-WW12487125A-Woodworker-12-Inch-8-Inch/dp/B07L6MG1LL/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwkdL6BRAREiwA-kiczIXdgzeTkkgisulV0ANIjA96D970WPhKuqaTsuxgtt0-XGECnjc3iRoCSikQAvD_BwE&hvadid=338580424491&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9016999&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=14967151243509899663&hvtargid=kwd-709903051905&hydadcr=28601_10166538&keywords=12+inch+saw+blade+5%2F8+arbor&qid=1599423972&sr=8-5&tag=googhydr-20

https://www.amazon.com/Forrest-CM12...+arbor&qid=1599424041&sr=8-10&tag=googhydr-20

https://www.amazon.com/Tenryu-MP-30...+arbor&qid=1599424492&sr=8-15&tag=googhydr-20

I think you can get individual saw blade bushings that are a press fit. These should work fine. You would need multiple bushings for the dado stack which, at the very least, will be a nuisance. I believe you should try to exchange it. You could probably replace or machine the mitre gage bar, but I think an exchange on that as well would be the best long range solution.
I have no experience with this saw. So, I'm just guessing. It seems to me that just because the saw has the capacity to use a 12" blade it doesn't mean that one is required. 10" blades are probably less expensive and would work just as well for most applications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts