Woodworking Talk banner

Table saw tune-up?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Oakwerks 
#1 ·
I have a Craftsman belt driven 10" table saw and a Craftsman 10" radial arm saw. Both in pretty good working order, but in need of tweaking -e.g., the motor is slightly out of alignment on the table saw. I'm looking for someone who can give them a tune-up. Any names?

#5 ·
Make sure the pulley on the blade end hasn't worked itself out to the end of the shaft.....I found this condition on my 113.*** yesterday .... Had to remove the saw from the stand and unbolt the shroud to get to it.... Found one of the trunnion bolts loose, too.....

Sent to y'all offen' a iPad thing......

#6 ·
Make sure the pulley on the blade end hasn't worked itself out to the end of the shaft.....I found this condition on my 113.*** yesterday .... Had to remove the saw from the stand and unbolt the shroud to get to it.... Found one of the trunnion bolts loose, too.....

That's exactly what had happened - mine is a 113 too. Looks like I have my work cut out. Thanks again.

#8 ·
It's actually not a bad job.... Take the motor off, then remove the 4 bolts that attach the stand.... Have someone help you turn it over onto sawhorses...
Remove the 3 bolts that hold the housing to the top... Remove the tilt adjusting wheel, and you'll have to jockey the housing it to get it around the shaft....
I set the pulley just so the end of the shaft was flush with the outside of the pulley.... You can fine tune the alignment from there using the motor mount slots...
A couple of years ago, the motor pulley came off and went inside the saw... So, we need to watch these things more closely in the future....

#9 ·
Frank Staropoli said:
FYI for future: I found that by turning the blade as far as possible toward a 45, I was able to buy enough room to loosen the set pin and coax the pulley back in - went about an inch. Didn't need to disassemble. If I have a loose trunion bolt, it will have to wait.
Good for you.... You must have written this the same time I was describing what I did..... My pulley was very tight, and I couldn't move it using your method....
Glad you got off easier....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.