Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28,479 Posts
Hey guys. Early apologies as I bet this has been covered before. I searched for about an hour but just couldn't find anything. I'm fairly new to woodworking. I wanted to make a basic jig for my table saw that just slides up and down the table so I can make even cuts. Unfortunately, the runners for the miter gauge have little notches at the top every six inches or so. I'm trying to find the most efficient way to make wood strips that will slide in those runners and still be able to glue to the jig itself so I can slide it back and forth. I hope this makes sense. You guys will probably know what I'm saying. It's a Craftsman table saw. One of the cheap ones that is always $250 on sale.
If I'm understanding you correctly the notches are to keep the miter gauge from lifting up while in use. Then you want to make a table saw sled and the notches are in the way. If it were me I would grind the notches off with a angle grinder and be rid of them. If you don't wish to do this you might make the sled guide with a piece of flat steel and make a wooden spacer between the steel rail and the bottom of the sled.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.