Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally in the market of adding a table saw to my wood shop. The table saw that I owned in the past was a standard 10" saw on a stand, but recently the smaller compact 10" "job site" table saws (like this one...http://www.dewalt.com/tools/machinery-portable-table-saws-dwe7480.aspx) have gotten my attention. The main reason I have been looking at these tables saws is because I would like to build the saw into a workstation to allow for diverse uses and mobility. My only concern is the short length of the fence rail. Is the solution as easy as replacing the fence & rail with a longer one or is it much more complicated than that?

·
Old School
24,017 Posts

We have an introduction section where you can say a few words about yourself. If you fill out your profile in your "User Control Panel", you can list any hobbies, experience or other facts. You can also list your general geographical location which would be a help in answering some questions.

You should be able to install an aftermarket fence system.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
You can definitely lengthen the fence or add a different fence via some sort of a workstation. The station will also add some operating space. Unless it's really necessary, I'd be reluctant to give up a decent full size saw with a belt drive induction motor in favor of a portable....you give up quite a lot, except for noise! :laughing:

Rousseau makes a station with a fence, or you can build your own station.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've always wondered what one of those Rousseau's looks and feels like. Not enough to spend the money just to find out, mind you ... but I do with they were available in retail stores to check out live.

I did write to Rousseau earlier this year with regard to the construction of the table top.
Here is the response I received . . .

The 2600 table top is particle board with high pressure laminate on both sides and edge banded. The laminate top of the 2600 locates to the left of the saw table thus expanding the rip capacity of the saw. The 2600 accommodates tables saw with tops measuring up to 22” deep by 24” to 27” wide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts