Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Yes, more details please.

Without knowing more I'm not sure whether this will help you or not.

This was my solution to the need for on board storage for my TS.

Feel free to ask questions if you like.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Craftsman saw with a CI top model 113,something. I would like to build a cabinet that lengthens the outfeed and could support a router table. The enclosure would have drawers for accesories and a bin to collect saw dust. Mobility, as much possible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes,Thanks. I feel kinda dumb now. :) Why didn't I think about a simple image search.
I was thinking one like this with a fold down out feed table.

th.jpg

·
7,222 Posts
Yes,Thanks. I feel kinda dumb now. :) Why didn't I think about a simple image search.
I was thinking one like this with a fold down out feed table.
There are a number of threads on the forum. Search for table saw cart, portable cart, etc.

This does not have an outfeed table, but that should not be a problem to add.

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f13/table-saw-router-table-cart-42279/

You can always make a separate table for outfeed support.
http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f13/outfeed-support-catchall-cart-34126/

If you want a stationary table arrangement.
http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f9/table-saw-outfeed-table-38839/

·
Registered
679 Posts
This is my version of a "cabinet" for my 113 series table saw. The dust collector gets 90% of the sawdust. On the left side is a place for the Incra miter gage and the panel where the extra blade is stored removes for sawdust cleanout. On the right is a place for the fence which works very well when adjusted according to the user manual. The 3" hole on the short outfeed table provides clearance for the motor capacitor when tilting the blade to 45 degrees. The mobile base is 4" wheels on the back and a Rockler mobile wheel in the front.This setup works well for me and I hope it gives you some ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This is my version of a "cabinet" for my 113 series table saw. The dust collector gets 90% of the sawdust. On the left side is a place for the Incra miter gage and the panel where the extra blade is stored removes for sawdust cleanout. On the right is a place for the fence which works very well when adjusted according to the user manual. The 3" hole on the short outfeed table provides clearance for the motor capacitor when tilting the blade to 45 degrees. The mobile base is 4" wheels on the back and a Rockler mobile wheel in the front.This setup works well for me and I hope it gives you some ideas.
Thanks and yes it does give me some ideas. It also brings up a couple of questions. First, How do you accurately cut the miter slots in the outfeed extension? Second, What is the purpose for having the left side drop down wing?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thanks and yes it does give me some ideas. It also brings up a couple of questions. First, How do you accurately cut the miter slots in the outfeed extension? Second, What is the purpose for having the left side drop down wing?
As you can see my shop is small so space is a premium, so the left side wing only comes up when needed. As for the miter slots they don't have to be that accurate because your miter gage stays in the cast iron slot throughout the cut. Mine are actually a little larger for better clearance.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Dave already added the link to my cart and let me just say that I really like it. It only takes up about six inches more room than the saw did before. There is a ton of storage the way I have it set up. I have been using it since last summer and it is really great. You can modify those plans to fit your needs. I also have a plan for a fold out table just have not found the time to build it yet. However, I use a roller or a table set up that I already had as an out feed.
I should add that I bought those plans from the wood magazine site.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Ray Bayless said:
... How do you accurately cut the miter slots in the outfeed extension?
I use double-sided tape to attach two pieces of one inch mdf to the surface being cut.

These are placed parallel to one another and the edge of the table and for your purpose an inch apart.

They act as a template for a router and a pattern bit like this...

main_templatebit.jpg

The thickness of the template material, the width of the cut and cut depth will determine the length and diameter of the bit you use.

After fastening the template strips to the table surface and adding a stop block at the end of the cut, use your router to cut the slot in two passes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There are several videos on Youtube posted by people who have built versions of what you're looking for. Some are complicated and some are very simple. Youtube is an excellent source of how to videos on woodworking and woodworking equipment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are several videos on Youtube posted by people who have built versions of what you're looking for. Some are complicated and some are very simple. Youtube is an excellent source of how to videos on woodworking and woodworking equipment.
I'll take a look. Appreciate the info.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts