Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please recommend a (relatively) inexpensive 10" replacement blade for my table saw that will allow me to joint the boards I cut?

Thanks!

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
whatalesyou1 said:
Can someone please recommend a (relatively) inexpensive 10" replacement blade for my table saw that will allow me to joint the boards I cut?

Thanks!
For cheap blades a 40-60 Freud or Diablo from you local box store is decent and won't break your piggy bank... $35-$45...

I'm sure there will be others with good or better suggestions though....

~tom

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is just a cheap Ryobi 10". I know it is not ideal but I am operating on a slim budget. I am also looking at a used Delta 12" planer for $100 (from craigslist). Any opinions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
The Freud Diablo that Tom mentioned are among the best bangs for the buck going. The Diablo D1040X 40T, 50T D1050, or 60T D1060, 50T Ridgid Titanium R1050C and 60T Ridgid R1060C (also by Freud), 50T CMT ITK Plus P10050, or DeWalt Precision Trim DW7140PT are all good blades for < $50 (many are < $40) that will leave a glue ready edge if your saw is aligned well, and the lumber is flat and straight. The 60 tooth blades will leave the cleanest edge, but also pose the most resistance to the saw...the 40T or 50T blades will have an easier time in thicker materials and are the most versatile. All are available at Lowes or HD. Holbren.com will have the CMT Orange 214.040.10 and CMT ITK 256.050.10.

·
Thumb Nailer
2,454 Posts
I also recommend the Freud Diablo blades. I have been very pleased with my experience with them. One thing to be sure of is to make sure of the kerf of the blade you are getting, many smaller saws like bench top saws, and contractor saws recommend, if not require thin kerf blades (1.5 HP or smaller motors, less energy to cut the thinner kerf...) whereas a cabinet saw and whatnot will use a full kerf blade.

For a ripping blade, the D1024X is a great blade. Runs $27.97, so inexpensive as to be disposable though...
A good general purpose blade is the D1040A at $29.98, again, a real bargain!
Crosscutting, where we get into much denser tooth counts is where the costs go up, the D1080X is a great blade. Unfortunately I do not see it presently on Home Depot's web site, but last time I saw them in store, they were $54.99...

·
Registered
131 Posts

Thanks!
What everyone else said about the Freud Diablo. After you mount it, use a good ground-steel 3 inch machinist's square to dial in the stops. Horrible Freight sells them pretty cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts