Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thoroughly frustrated trying to align my fence on a Bridgewood contractor's tablesaw. I have used a TS Aligner in the miter slot and tried to fine tune with the adjustment screws located on the fence but to no avail. Always 10 degrees variance at minumum. Both sides of the fence are off. Do I need a new fence? Are there alternatives? Am I forgetting something?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Does the fence on your Bridgewood saw look like the one in this pic?
g0444z.jpg

If so, it's actually a pretty good fence that's similar to the Biesemeyer Homeshop fence.

·
Cabinetmaker
646 Posts
I would check everything for tightness first, then look for dirt, chips, something like that, next I would find a straight edge, check fence for that then WHILE SNUGGING the fence check to see that it is not warping when you tighten it. If all fails then I would be making a phone call

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
yes, it's totally frustrating.
There are two allen screws for adjusting that fence to parallel. They're located on the inside edge of the t-brace (the 15" piece of angle iron used to hold the fence to the front rail tube). Adjust those screws so they're just loose enough to allow the fence to slide easily, then adjust one or the other slightly to move the fence parallel to the miter slot. It should be a 5 minute task unless something is wrong or broken.

Here's a link to a pdf manual of what I think is an identical Grizzly fence. It shows the location of those parallel adjustment screws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts