Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone new how much a jarrah and marble bedside table could go for?

·
where's my table saw?
29,637 Posts
Got any photos?

·
where's my table saw?
29,637 Posts
its not built just yet but it is about 60cm high and the top is 50x90cm
That won't help. Build it then we can give you a better idea. Compare similar designs that you find on the web. Wayfair, Craig's List, and Ebay searches will give you a general idea.

·
Premium Member
5,296 Posts
The design and quality will dictate price people are willing to pay for something. If it looks like crap, no one will want it no matter what it is made of and how much effort went into it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The design and quality will dictate price people are willing to pay for something. If it looks like crap, no one will want it no matter what it is made of and how much effort went into it.
thanks, I am putting quite a lot of effort into it so I hope it looks good.

·
Registered
Termite
5,389 Posts
JJD ....we vcant price what your thinking.. Do you not have pictures of what you want to build?

·
Registered
Termite
5,389 Posts
When I price something I base it on what I feel my labor will be. This comes from having enough equipment to build.

Some will say 3x, but I don't agree. Because the materials are high , the labor is the same. If I have to spend more time on the project , I add more...

Too bad your not in my neck of the woods. I love to help, just don't want the pressure to get it done...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I price something I base it on what I feel my labor will be. This comes from having enough equipment to build.

Some will say 3x, but I don't agree. Because the materials are high , the labor is the same. If I have to spend more time on the project , I add more...
ok thanks I will take that into consideration

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
4,752 Posts
JJ - welcome to the forum. what part of the world are you in ?
when you are ready, please make an intro in the New Member section and tell us a little about yourself and your hobbies.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you are making it to sell without a client, then you won't get a much as if it was custom to them.

·
Registered
Termite
5,389 Posts
If you are making it to sell without a client, then you won't get a much as if it was custom to them.
Sometimes you just want to build nice things even if you don't have a customer. During the poker craze I built tables to sell high to low, but I got stuck with many because I got busy at work and didn't have time. The result the table demand was over. I eventually saw one of my budget poker tables on Craigslist. I have a lady several partially made blanks so she could finish them...

Wood Interior design Floor Automotive tire Flooring

1 - 14 of 14 Posts