Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is just one use i made tonight of the t-track on my bench: a guide for my circular saw.

You guys who have t-track in your benches ... how do you use it?

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have two tracks across the width og my bench and tracks around three sides of the top. I clamp everything. Don't use a vise...haven't needed one.

Great and flexible. Will hold anything I've tried.

Blue

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Lots of uses. Clamping stuff together and hold it in place. Hold the piece while being cut or routed. Keep parts aligned when I do the assembly.

Note: The pic with the two routers - I attached a piece of scrap to the back side of the board on both ends so I could clamp it to the table. Then I ran the flush trim bit around the oval template to smooth out the rough cut. While still clamped, I removed the template and ran the second router around the inside with a 3/8 inch round-over bit. Switch to the next piece and repeat. Worked pretty good.

Attachments

·
John
3,028 Posts
I haven't put one on my bench... yet, I can see some distinct advantages though.
I do know there are at least 3 distinct sizes (probably many more but ones that are generally available).
The ones Hartville tool sells match with 1/4" hardware, the ones Rockler sells typically takes 5/16" hardware and Peachtree pushes the 3/8" hardware compatible ones although they sell all three. For a workbench installation, I think I would opt for the largest, 3/8", version. I find the 1/4" ones more than sufficient for jigs though. :smile:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts