Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
29,627 Posts
It's like new

It's the entire system and the rails are included. I'd bid on it. Shipping isn't bad at $18.00 either. good luck. A tip for winning the auction is to wait until there are 2 minutes left and put in a bid that's $50 to $100 higher. Ebay automatically will raise your bid by a small amount and by the time everyone else catches up to you, the time will have run out and you will win it for a few dollars more than the last high bid. I've done this with great success. You have to be willing to pay that amount however.

·
Registered
834 Posts
That's the same fence I had on my old craftsman saw. I liked it that much when the time came for a new saw I kept that fence on it.

·
Registered
13,244 Posts
It's the entire system and the rails are included. I'd bid on it. Shipping isn't bad at $18.00 either. good luck. A tip for winning the auction is to wait until there are 2 minutes left and put in a bid that's $50 to $100 higher. Ebay automatically will raise your bid by a small amount and by the time everyone else catches up to you, the time will have run out and you will win it for a few dollars more than the last high bid. I've done this with great success. You have to be willing to pay that amount however.
Has e-bay eliminated the "last minute" automatic bid extension? It used to be that any bid in the last 5 minutes automatically initiated a 10 minute window extension.

George

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the input. I'm wrestling with the idea that this fence requires a back rail and the implications that has for creating an outfeed table setup. I am still very new to all this and have never seen that sort of thing. The much more expensive Biesemeyer fence has only a front rail. But is it worth the extra money? I don't have enough knowledge to answer that one.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thank you all for the input. I'm wrestling with the idea that this fence requires a back rail and the implications that has for creating an outfeed table setup.

it takes a bit of creativity, but not much. my t2 set up on a 113 series c-man is a bit more elaborate than necessary as i mount fixtures to my tools using only holes that are factory supplied.

I am still very new to all this and have never seen that sort of thing. The much more expensive Biesemeyer fence has only a front rail. But is it worth the extra money?

IMHO, for a hobbyist, no, it's not worth the extra cost.

I don't have enough knowledge to answer that one.
here's how i did it on mine. i built a small perimeter frame to which i could mount the supports for a fixed out feed table (just far enough from the back rail so the fence moves easily) and the framing for the structure that relocated my bevel hand wheel to the front of the saw.

Attachments

·
where's my table saw?
29,627 Posts
I don't have a T2, but

Thank you all for the input. I'm wrestling with the idea that this fence requires a back rail and the implications that has for creating an outfeed table setup. I am still very new to all this and have never seen that sort of thing. The much more expensive Biesemeyer fence has only a front rail. But is it worth the extra money? I don't have enough knowledge to answer that one.
I don't think you need a rear rail unless your table will not support the far end in it entire travel. The Biesemeyer fences ride on the table on a nylon glide pad. They lock only to the front rail with a cam lever like the T2. There is another fence, the Vega Pro that's cheaper than the Biesemeyer.

You can get the Biesemeyer fence and rails separately also:

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Nice fence, but as stated, you will need rails, so figure that into the total cost. It's possible to buy raw stock and essentially build your own rails. Once the total price approaches $200, I'd be scoping out other bargains....like a Vega fence on sale, Mule Cab, used Biese or Unifence, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts