Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building some bookcases and needed glass to go in the doors. In the past I have gone to a local glasses shop but am on a budget. I was in Lowes the other day and noticed they have glass panel and offer free cutting. I went back the next day with all my dimensions and the number of panels I needed. Altogether I needed 20 separate pieces cut. I buzzed the help button and an associate appeared and seemed up to the challenge. A half hour later and $30 and I was out the door with the panels in hand for about 1/2 of what it would have cost at the glass shop. The pieces all fit and I was really impressed with the service.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks like your Lowes doesn't have limitations on cuts. My one (as well as HD) does 2 full cuts (4x8 -> 4 2x4 is two full cuts) for free and after charges 20$ for each additional one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow $20 a cut. That's crazy. The machine they have is the key, the associate was saying it will cut glass, plastic, photo matting and stuff. I see a lot of glass doors in my future I might have to look into one.

·
Alan Sweet
163 Posts
Lowe's is really helpful here ...

MOst of the time...

Sometimes, I believe they have no help and only one resister..

But most of the time ok..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts