Woodworking Talk banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Really. Most find it funny and ironic. It's my signature. What can I say I'm a wood snob and don't find any value or merit in using pressed metal tools.

Al B Thayer

Friends don't let friends use stamped metal tools sold at clothing stores.
I went to the User Control Panel at Edit Options and unchecked the box that allows signatures to be displayed. Your signature still remains. If the forum software was doing its job correctly, I wouldn't have needed to say anything.

·
Sawdust Mill Operator
666 Posts
I bought the Porter Cable 12&1/2" one from Lowe's. It has worked great and I have used it daily (7 days a week) for over a year. I wish it had a lock to hold it in a position but other than that it works great.

I bought it because it was all I could afford and I wanted it to last a year until I could afford a 20" which I will be buying soon.

I use this on old wood, reclaimed wood etc. Nothing nice. It works great, is easy to change the blades. I have changed them once. They are reversible and cost 25 bucks at Lowes.

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
Merkava_4 said:
I went to the User Control Panel at Edit Options and unchecked the box that allows signatures to be displayed. Your signature still remains. If the forum software was doing its job correctly, I wouldn't have needed to say anything.
Oh don't even give it a second thought. Let's talk wood.

Al

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
VIFmike said:
I bought the Porter Cable 12&1/2" one from Lowe's. It has worked great and I have used it daily (7 days a week) for over a year. I wish it had a lock to hold it in a position but other than that it works great.

I bought it because it was all I could afford and I wanted it to last a year until I could afford a 20" which I will be buying soon.

I use this on old wood, reclaimed wood etc. Nothing nice. It works great, is easy to change the blades. I have changed them once. They are reversible and cost 25 bucks at Lowes.
You have surely found a value there. I do sometimes envy those planers. I know the head speed really does put out a nice finish.

Al

121 - 126 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.