Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Rigid seems to be their new chose, especially with a lifetime warranty. Anyone have an opinion on Rigid tools?
Don't do it. I bought a Rigid R4331 thinking the same as you. First one lasted about 12 days of what I would consider normal use. Then it started eating itself alive and sounded like a coffeecan full of nuts. Returned it thinking I got a lemon, got a new one, and within 2 hours of getting the new one home, it started eating internals as well.

Bought a Dewalt 735 with the extra knives and in/outfeed table package from Amazon and haven't looked back. The quality on the Dewalt is FAR superior. Plus, it has 2 feed rates, and the slow one will save you time on sanding (still need to sand, but you can start at a higher grit). Spend the money.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.