Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I am a brand new woodworker with rough carpentry skills, but no experience in finish work. I have a few questions I hope the group can help me out with concerning this table made by Hudson Furniture:
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

http://hudsonfurnitureinc.com/Occasional_Tables/WALNUT_STICK/collection

I'd like to create a similar one of my own, but I'm not sure where to start.

1) Is there a good website for me to source the walnut? Or should I find a local supplier here in Salt Lake City, UT?

2) I thought I'd find a cylindrical form (maybe a bucket) that would allow me to fit the outside perimeter pieces of walnut in place and then fill in the inside pieces until everything fits snug.

My question is how should I join the inside pieces together so they don't shift and move?

3) How should I affix the outside perimeter pieces of the table so they firmly remain in place without visual nail holes? I've thought about glue, but the glue would not have even contact with the interior sticks of walnut and I'm worried they won't stay.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.