Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought me a small table saw from Lowes for Christmas

it is a Skill 3310-01

Its a decent saw and looks like it will do the job just fine for me. However I noticed that the miter slots have a ears in them and are smaller then my other tools. the miter guide bar is not the normal rectangular it is instead an inverted T design.

I'd like to get miter bars for this saw, but can't seem to find them online anywhere.

·
Registered
13,541 Posts
That is a long standing problem with wives/girl friends buying someone tools.

George

PS. The forum has an introduction section. You might want to open that and write a little about yourself.

George

·
7,222 Posts
The inverted "T" design is common. Normally 3/4in slot and the bottom of the "T" is wider.

Your is likely narrower and not as deep as the common mitre gauges.

I think you will need to make your own. Rip some pieces of hardwood to fit. Not difficult.

Your saw has a very small table area. Take a look at other threads on the site about building table saw mobile cart to provide larger area to support the work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife bought me a small table saw from Lowes for Christmas

it is a Skill 3310-01

Its a decent saw and looks like it will do the job just fine for me. However I noticed that the miter slots have a ears in them and are smaller then my other tools. the miter guide bar is not the normal rectangular it is instead an inverted T design.

I'd like to get miter bars for this saw, but can't seem to find them online anywhere.
Probably just about any standard 3/4" X 3/8" T-track should work. The one in the link below says it's the OEM miter gauge for the Skil 3310 table saw. They are cheap enough so maybe you could get a couple to swipe the track from to use with featherboards and jigs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKIL-3310-10-Table-Saw-Replacement-Miter-Gauge-Assembly-2610012964-/171163912455?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27da2a0907

·
where's my table saw?
31,240 Posts
I've been trying to find miter bars for my Ryobi for 6 months now so good luck bud if you find any please post back here on your thread about it
This is a 7 year old thread!
You won't be hearing back from anyone on this one.
Sorry.
Those miter slots are 5/8" wide with "keeper" tabs to retain the bar in the slot. Terrible design!
Most who have these slots grind away those tabs so a straight miter bar will slide in them.
You can measure the slot exactly and find bar stock to make new ones. Makes the 6" longer than what you think is enough.
That's your easy answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.