Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Neurologist
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a better storage solution for my collection of pro-grip clamps. Clamping them to a strip on the wall currently, but I typically get several coming off when I go for one. I’ve only limited wall space left in my garage, so separating them out isn’t a good option

·
Super Moderator
4,243 Posts
Mike - do you have some photos of what you are using now ?

and where you been for six years ??

·
Registered
Bah humbug
4,092 Posts
I just hang my straight edges on a nail out of the way. Do your not have a hole to hang?

·
Registered
Bah humbug
4,092 Posts
He's trying to store straight edge clamps...
Bora-Clamp-N-Cut-Edge-Guides.jpg

·
where's my table saw?
28,753 Posts
You can invert them, turn them sideways and slide then into a notch much like I did with these pipe clamps:

·
Registered
Neurologist
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike - do you have some photos of what you are using now ?

and where you been for six years ??
I have been reading but learned so much i really haven't had a question not already answered. My neuro practice has geared up a lot, and learning new ways to see people this past year has kept my free time way down.

Turning sideways as woodnthings noted will work perfectly- already measuring the distances needed!!!
Like i tell people- you guys have all the answers

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am looking for a better storage solution for my collection of pro-grip clamps. Clamping them to a strip on the wall currently, but I typically get several coming off when I go for one. I’ve only limited wall space left in my garage, so separating them out isn’t a good option
I keep about half my smaller "go to" clamps right under my bench, the rest I hank on a wall.

Attachments

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
2,480 Posts
You can double things up with limited wall space like I do.. get creative..you'll figure it out..
Hinges work wonders for clamps..
For the past 5 years it's felt like it's about to fall off, but it's never budged..

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
2,480 Posts
Just wait till I get out my car painting skills and make all my clamps look like brand spanking new..you'll all be sooo jealous.. lol Clamps with FLAMES and pinstripes.. and shiny chrome handles..

Reactions: Bob Bengal

·
where's my table saw?
28,753 Posts
Hey Doc, I see two flat bar clamps held together with blue painter's tape in the lower right corner leanin against the wall ..... a clamp storage solution ?
Another bar clamp is hanging on the electrical outlet ..... clamp storage solution?
I love it! o_O

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I'm busy right now so don't bother me with electric code violations, I've got 2 missing routers I'm trying to find................................

Since you're so observant, yes, that's wood cutoff storage up above..........well, one of them.

OK, my name is Robert and I have a problem.................but so do some other people here, like some who want to paint flames on their clamps!! 😫

·
Registered
Bah humbug
4,092 Posts
Does your have a hole to run a hook on?
20210506_085505.jpg

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
2,480 Posts
I'm busy right now so don't bother me with electric code violations, I've got 2 missing routers I'm trying to find................................

Since you're so observant, yes, that's wood cutoff storage up above..........well, one of them.

OK, my name is Robert and I have a problem.................but so do some other people here, like some who want to paint flames on their clamps!! 😫

View attachment 427274
I always thought painted flames were really tacky too so you really don't have to worry about it.. My favorite was an old POS Chevy Chevette w/flames, gold tone on the chrome, $4000 worth of tires on a $150 car.. lol Priceless..
"It's gonna be a classic someday!"
I hope I never live that long..

·
where's my table saw?
28,753 Posts
Kudzu, that sink is disgusting. o_O

Here is how I store some of mine. I use several different styles. All hanging on a French cleat.

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
2,480 Posts
Dammit.. I mentioned that my clamp rack looked like it might fall down for the past 5 years, but never had..
This thread is cursed! I walked out in the shop a minute ago and it's..uhmmm...falling down..
i guess I have something else to do today..

Reactions: woodnthings

·
Registered
Bah humbug
4,092 Posts
You can invert them, turn them sideways and slide then into a notch much like I did with these pipe clamps:
View attachment 427222
This is about right for a home shop on pipe clamps. At some point your just hoarding.

If your building cabinets usually 20-30 minutes you can take clamps off and move to the next project...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts