Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of planning the construction of a to-scale toothpick basketball court (the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, home to the 76ers). Once I lay the toothpicks down I'm going to stencil the court (sidelines, three point lines, half court logos, etc.) Does anyone have any suggestions on what paint to use for the stenciling??? I'd like it to mimic an actual hardwood court as close as possible. Any suggestions on the project will be greatly appreciated and I can forward pictures of the finished product to anyone interested! Thanks!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of planning the construction of a to-scale toothpick basketball court (the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, home to the 76ers). Once I lay the toothpicks down I'm going to stencil the court (sidelines, three point lines, half court logos, etc.) Does anyone have any suggestions on what paint to use for the stenciling??? I'd like it to mimic an actual hardwood court as close as possible. Any suggestions on the project will be greatly appreciated and I can forward pictures of the finished product to anyone interested! Thanks!
I'm not sure I fully understand what you're doing but I would first seal the wood with some sort of poly and then paint over it with a high quality paint then seal over that. I think painting tooth picks would lead to blotchyness because of the bleeding.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Why not head to an art supply store that sells screen print supplies and buy actual screen ink? It should be thick enough to not bleed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts