Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Just ordered one of these and want to get some accessories ordered. Anyone know width and depth of miter slots (doesn't say in manual)?

Thanks

Mark

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I think it's .094 I've never seen a riving knife that wouldn't work with a .125 blade.

What blades are you looking at?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Thanks

Do you happen to know the thickness of the riving knife? need to know if .125" kerf blade will work

Thanks

Mark
A 1/8" full kerf blade will definitely clear the riving knife, but is 33% thicker than a 3/32" thin kerf blade and will pose considerably more resistance to your saw. If a TK blade will work, it's worth some consideration IMO.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
That was going to be my recommendation as well. Thin kerf is the way to go on this sized saw

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
If it were me....I'd buy a thin kerf glue line rip and a thin kerf ultimate cutoff, both by Freud and you'll have two specialty blades for less than the one WWII

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it were me....I'd buy a thin kerf glue line rip and a thin kerf ultimate cutoff, both by Freud and you'll have two specialty blades for less than the one WWII
Got this from SteelCity support

"The knife on the 35990 is thicker than 3/32. It's either 2.5mm or 3mm. (I can't remember off the top of my head)"

Not too helpful. Guess I'll have to wait until my saw arrives and get the calipers out.

Am considering one of these:

http://www.incrementaltools.com/Grip_Tite_Splitter_p/gtsplitterkit.htm

Anyone used one?

Thanks

Mark

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I don't think I believe that. I can't see them putting a riving knife on a 1.5 hp saw that won't allow for a thin kerf blade ....especially since their other saws are .094 inch knives.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think I believe that. I can't see them putting a riving knife on a 1.5 hp saw that won't allow for a thin kerf blade ....especially since their other saws are .094 inch knives.
Will wait for it to arrive. Shocked they don't know and can't be bothered to look/measure

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Honestly the guys in customer service likely don't have an unpacked saw anywhere nearby to measure....nor do they probably even have the ability to measure accurately enough. I wouldn't count on anyone's customer service department for an answer like that. I'd measure myself.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Standard 3/4x3/8, if its the craftsman granite top made by steel city, if you need a dado insert then you can get it through woodcraft, under the steel city dado insert and the zero clearance insert

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Leecraft inserts are nice.......but they're expensive for what you get. I made half a dozen for my granite topped saw for less than 10 bucks....

·
Banned
16 Posts
It's a 1 3/4 hp. I've run bigger saws and for the money, my second I use often is very nice. Believe it or not nicer than my older delta cabinet saw which is 3 hp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts