Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this listing on CL and was looking for comments on this unit.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/tls/4300912305.html

I did find some favorable comments on Lumberjocks and it is kind of what I would like to have. The problem is the location of the saw.

I don't know what is going on with the switch either. Looks like it is just hanging there.

Thanks,

Jon
Northern Michigan

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I'd snap it up. I love my steel city built saw. I believe the switch mounts to the bottom of the rail, so it may just need to be bolted back up.

·
Registered
26,862 Posts
The steel city brand of machinery is a cheaper brand so don't pay too much. It retails for about a third less than a Delta Unisaw. The switch was probably just taken off for handling so it wouldn't get broken off. It just shows to me the saw is being taken care of. From what I can see in the picture I would buy it if it has the miter guage that goes with it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies

Waiting for a call back today. I think it is at a cabinet shop. Maybe a lot of use, but well taken care of.

Jon
Northern Michigan

·
novice wood hacker
514 Posts
I don't know any specifics about this saw but just make sure it's not 3 phase. Unless you have 3 phase that is.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
very good deal @ $700. i sold this last year for $850, just to give you a frame of reference:

Attachments

Reactions: Civilian

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I still can't believe you got 850 for the unisaw......I've seen a few of them in the 3-400 dollar range and I keep thinking I should pick one up to refurb and sell.......but then I wonder why they're still sitting around for 3-400 and not sold....I wish I had enough room for another saw.......lol

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sold

sold before I could travel to see the unit. I am in Northern Michigan and the saw was in Cincinnati, OH. I have an aunt and uncle in Dayton, OH, so that could have been an overnight stop for me. But I had to work around my schedule and some one closer bought it.

Jon
Northern Michigan

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
sold before I could travel to see the unit. I am in Northern Michigan and the saw was in Cincinnati, OH. I have an aunt and uncle in Dayton, OH, so that could have been an overnight stop for me. But I had to work around my schedule and some one closer bought it.

Jon
Northern Michigan
Take heart. Every time I've lost a "great deal", a better one has come along.

Reactions: Civilian
1 - 11 of 11 Posts