Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got this saw? Model # 35990C (cast iron). I talked to SC tech support today and the guy said there is an upgrade fence model #35688 for $129.00? Where do I buy this? I cannot find it on google. Thanks.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I have their industrial fence system. It's top notch. If you find the whole fence somewhere for 130, let me know where if you wouldn't mind as I have another saw that needs a fence.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
when i've inquired about SC products from them, they've directed me to their dealers, like woodcraft.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
toolguy1000 said:
when i've inquired about SC products from them, they've directed me to their dealers, like woodcraft.
I've bought parts directly from them...maybe they consider this a part?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked to SC today and they said the industrial fence model # is 35627 for $359.00 + shipping. It includes 50" Right rail. I don't want to spend that much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I talked to SC today and they said the industrial fence model # is 35627 for $359.00 + shipping. It includes 50" Right rail. I don't want to spend that much.
I bought this fence and rail from SC about 1.5 year ago. At that time I believe I paid around $299 + shipping. It's a great fence, very solid.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Looks like a Biesemeyer clone. I put a Jet Xacta fence (Biesemeyer clone) on my Unisaw. I just had the fence and no rails or tube.
I went to a steel supplier and bought a 3/16" wall 2" x 3" tube, and some angle iron. I wanted 1/8" wall, but they didn't have it. The orig. is more like 1/16" wall.
The tube works great. The fence doesn't raise up as much, when using stock feeder or feather boards to hold the stock down.
Extra weight can only help things also. Not to mention I use it as an anvil at times!
I think the steel ran me about $65.

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Jack of too many trades..
244 Posts
Looks like a Biesemeyer clone. I put a Jet Xacta fence (Biesemeyer clone) on my Unisaw. I just had the fence and no rails or tube.
I went to a steel supplier and bought a 3/16" wall 2" x 3" tube, and some angle iron. I wanted 1/8" wall, but they didn't have it. The orig. is more like 1/16" wall.
The tube works great. The fence doesn't raise up as much, when using stock feeder or feather boards to hold the stock down.
Extra weight can only help things also. Not to mention I use it as an anvil at times!
I think the steel ran me about $65.

I did *exactly* the same thing. 1/8 wall 2x3 and 3/16 3" even-angle. 5ft of each, plus 5ft of 3/4 aluminum stock (for the setup spacing) was under $60.00 from the local metal yard.

I got a fence from http://vsctools.com/ and an aluminum extrusion from 80/20 inc. I am pretty happy with the setup for under $300 total.

-edit-
and I'm already looking to upgrade to a Unisaw.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Ok....so I need to find someplace cheaper to get steel......I need to do the same thing for a unisaw my brother in law has.......but the steel place here wants over 200 bucks for the rails and tube.....

·
244 Posts
I used the 3/4 aluminum to keep the space between the tube and angle iron at precisely 3/4" while I clamped the steel and drilled holes. I later used it to align my fence with the 3/4 miter grooves. It's just spare, square stock. I'll re-use it if I build another fence.

I got my Steel from Shapiro Steel in North St. Louis. Nice indoor yard. They sell online, but the shipping is probably kinda high.

I'm probably going to start over and build another if I get the Unisaw

·
244 Posts
Ok....so I need to find someplace cheaper to get steel......I need to do the same thing for a unisaw my brother in law has.......but the steel place here wants over 200 bucks for the rails and tube.....

I forgot to get a piece for the backside of the saw, but I left the old tube-rail in place. Either way prices are nowhere near $200 here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a similar version of that saw. Mine was made by Orion for Farm and Fleet. Pretty close to the design but mine tilts the other direction so the bump out for the motor is on the other side. Same fence. I have often contemplated upgrading it also. It is the worst fence I have used, but defiantly not the best. I have thought about upgrading the rail and getting the fence linked above from very super cool tools. On the other hand I have thought about going the cheaper route of giving it a tune up and mod it a bit, and adding a one piece rail in the front that is a bit longer. I keep going back and forth about it. I guess you could say I am on the fence....

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I found another place now...58 bucks for all three steel pieces 78 inches long.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts